• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 22: NC State Wolfpack @ LJVM: Saturday 1 pm: ACCN

Yeah there's very limited depth and there's very limited presence inside. Both will likely continue to worsen as the season keeps moving and the guys keep playing 30-35 minutes a game.

Will be plenty of good seats rest of season---no one pays to see a loser---louisville vs wake forest play in game at acc tourney---this team does not know how to protect lead or win coming down the stretch

I am afraid we have lost the momentum we had after we lost the Virginia game. Today all I could do is ask why we didn't foul that big guy for state when he had the ball. He is horrendous from the free throw line.

I am afraid we have lost the momentum we had after we lost the Virginia game. Today all I could do is ask why we didn't foul that big guy for state when he had the ball. He is horrendous from the free throw line.
I just don’t understand how we didn’t see that Marsh could not guard him. Try literally anyone else. Bradford wasn’t great but he was better than Marsh. Damari stopped him literally the first and only time he guarded him but it was too late.

Appleby is 4/23 in the last three games from 3.

Hit the wall or slump?
So much overthinking for 3 consecutive single-possession losses - when this is the only metric that really has shifted beneath us. We aren't deep and we have no legitimate inside presence - that's just who we are. But Tyree melting down from outside the arc is just devastating to this team. If he'd shot just 30% we likely win all 3. Or if he just recognizes he's slumping and doesn't take 8 per game we likely win all 3. 31 points on essentially 30 shot attempts for tubby (fouls and free throws) is bad but not exactly the end of the world if you take other stuff away. Which we did for much of the game. Why Marsh can't pretend every rebounding opportunity is an alley-oop is beyond me, but our bigs just can't rebound. Our bench shot 10% and had 3 points. But we know all that is pretty likely game-in and game-out and can survive it. We just can't survive 15% from Tyree from deep against good teams.

I have him 1/12 in the 2nd half of our last 3 games combined. Love the dude but it's just been a total dagger.

So much overthinking for 3 consecutive single-possession losses - when this is the only metric that really has shifted beneath us. We aren't deep and we have no legitimate inside presence - that's just who we are. But Tyree melting down from outside the arc is just devastating to this team. If he'd shot just 30% we likely win all 3. Or if he just recognizes he's slumping and doesn't take 8 per game we likely win all 3. 31 points on essentially 30 shot attempts for tubby (fouls and free throws) is bad but not exactly the end of the world if you take other stuff away. Which we did for much of the game. Why Marsh can't pretend every rebounding opportunity is an alley-oop is beyond me, but our bigs just can't rebound. Our bench shot 10% and had 3 points. But we know all that is pretty likely game-in and game-out and can survive it. We just can't survive 15% from Tyree from deep against good teams.

I have him 1/12 in the 2nd half of our last 3 games combined. Love the dude but it's just been a total dagger.
Tyree is gassed.

Thank god we beat Duke or we would be staring down the barrel of going defeated in football and bball against our rivals.

Love Forbes but geez. you got like 5 coaches on the bench and no one can figure out how to stop Burns? Really bad
Agree with this... how do all these basketball guys not see what is obvious to so many people watching at home. It's not like Forbes is some Bobby Knight hothead and they're afraid of confronting him with a new suggestion. I don't get it.

Thank god we beat Duke or we would be staring down the barrel of going defeated in football and bball against our rivals.

They are going to make us forget all about that come Tuesday evening, I’m afraid. After three straight close losses, now we’ve gotten to the part where the bottom falls out. I expect it to get ugly early.

Burns offensive rating was the same as his season average. Now he did it using 48% of the teams possessions while he was on the court which is pretty impressive, however he basically gave State what he always does and scaled it up well.

Burns offensive rating was the same as his season average. Now he did it using 48% of the teams possessions while he was on the court which is pretty impressive, however he basically gave State what he always does and scaled it up well.
Except, he’s a 65% FT shooter and shot 37.5% today

Back