• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 31: Clemson - Saturday - 6 pm ACCN

He said he thought the game was over, which is him saying "it was a travel."
That was him saying it from his view at the other end of the court. Probably changed after seeing the play on tape & reviewing it with ACC office. You guys need to know all the rules in regards to a travel like that and losing possession of the ball.
For instance if you go to the floor to get the basketball and slide 10 feet, is that a travel?
If you are dribbling and have the ball knocked away and go get several steps away, is that a travel? Then what if defender grabs the ball and you both go to the floor?
Can an offensive player fumble the ball, dribble the ball, fumble it again and go get it without dribbling again?
Just several scenarios.

That was him saying it from his view at the other end of the court. Probably changed after seeing the play on tape & reviewing it with ACC office. You guys need to know all the rules in regards to a travel like that and losing possession of the ball.
For instance if you go to the floor to get the basketball and slide 10 feet, is that a travel?
If you are dribbling and have the ball knocked away and go get several steps away, is that a travel? Then what if defender grabs the ball and you both go to the floor?
Can an offensive player fumble the ball, dribble the ball, fumble it again and go get it without dribbling again?
Just several scenarios.

But none of those are what happened in our game. He went to the floor with the ball. Did the worm. Then kinda got tied up. He walked. Then got tied up. It's ok if you occasionally admit the refs are wrong. We should have never been in that situation. But he walked..even Stoudamire said so

We shouldn’t have tied him up. We should have let him waste time on the ground. Really unfortunate.
So my Carolina Panthers lost the Super Bowl in part because we didn't dive on a loose ball. My Demon Deacons may not go to the NCAA Tournament in part because we did.

But none of those are what happened in our game. He went to the floor with the ball. Did the worm. Then kinda got tied up. He walked. Then got tied up. It's ok if you occasionally admit the refs are wrong. We should have never been in that situation. But he walked..even Stoudamire said so
Forbes said he didn’t travel & that call virtually ended his season.

Any expectation that Damari plays today? I was assuming not, but maybe senior day changes things.

If that was the second thing that happened then maybe you would be right.

But apathetic teams that have quit on their season don’t fight to come back from 20+ points down. They just let the lead ride and try to get the game over with.
Apathetic teams get down by 23, see shot after shot rim out and lose by 40. They don't fight back and take the lead.

Any expectation that Damari plays today? I was assuming not, but maybe senior day changes things.
Damari's health will determine Damari's playing minutes. Pick a number from zero to twenty.

ETA: I think he does a 1-2 minute cameo as a starter at the beginning of the game.

Quick bump of the content on BSD and BOTG ahead of today's game. Game preview here.

Over at BOTG, we've got an 85 minute podcast that takes an unfiltered look at Wake Forest's implosion. You get our true and honest opinions and discussion of topics like second-halves, Damari Monsanto, depth and where the fire has gone.

guys if the Reff said it then it must be true. He would never post a bunch of BS on a message board.

I was sitting down low near our bench with basically same view as Forbes. I saw him dribbling then several on the floor, then the tie-up. As an official on the floor, you didn’t blow the whistle if you “thought you saw something.” You only blow it if you “know” in your mind what happened. Sure, there are missed calls but you are not blowing your whistle thinking you missed it. And my angle on the floor may have shown something different to me than a partner with a different angle. We talked all the times during time outs about tough plays.
All that said, just didn’t come down to one whistle. We shot 20 FT’s to their 2, missed 3 layups in 2nd half and gave up 3 key offensive rebounds in first half which gave them 3’s. Put the blame where it belongs—on our shitty play.

If I remember correctly, Forbes in the past has put all seniors in the starting lineup on senior day. So if Monsanto is going to play today I bet we find out early.

guys if the Reff said it then it must be true. He would never post a bunch of BS on a message board.
Not trying to. Just trying to help you guys understand the guys in stripes don’t care who wins & aren’t trying to miss a call anymore than Wake was trying to miss those 3 layups in the 2nd half.

Alabama just completed comeback against Arkansas. Can you imagine how good we would be if we had actually fired Manning when we should have and hired Oats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Refs also calling moving screens against ND today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UFXIH-.gif
The obligatory meme that's posted every year around this time since we last won it in 1996/1997

Back