• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game XXVI: Georgia Tech @ LJVM - Saturday 5pm - ACCN

Pastner is a total fraud and has been a fraud for 25+ years, from the second he stepped foot onto Arizona’s campus as a camera hogging self promoting fraud walk on, fraudulently promising to deliver Stephen Jackson, and weaseling his way into a walk on spot, the FRAUD.

How can you be a walk on and have everyone hate you? Gotta be a top 1% dicknose to achieve that, so I guess that’s one thing that’s pure and sincere about him, his dicknosing.

Watched the postgame. Josh Pastner is a weird dude.

Forbes cracked me up in this, dude was wired. Love it. Opposite of the opposing coach fraud.

Dug it last year (or earlier this) when someone was talking about his Burger King AA saying and (I’m probably sort of messing this up) asked what other coach would be eating at Burger King and suggested Pastner. Forbes just kind of chuckled and was like “I know Josh, I’ve known Josh for a long time, trust me he’s not eating at Burger King.” Because Forbes knows what a spoiled entitled whiny baby Pastner is. FACTS.

Seems like a lot of players agree with you.
Maybe so, but they have some guys who look like they’d excel in a different system. Franklin in particular was impressive to me. No idea why people buy into Pastner. He’s a joke, IMHO.

Pastner is a total fraud and has been a fraud for 25+ years, from the second he stepped foot onto Arizona’s campus as a camera hogging self promoting fraud walk on, fraudulently promising to deliver Stephen Jackson, and weaseling his way into a walk on spot, the FRAUD.

How can you be a walk on and have everyone hate you? Gotta be a top 1% dicknose to achieve that, so I guess that’s one thing that’s pure and sincere about him, his dicknosing.
I didn't know this story about Jax. That's amazing. So, he took over his pop's AAU squad and then promised all the players to AZ in exchange for a walk-on spot?!

Well, Jackson did commit, he just didn’t qualify, but I just like to run with it when I get going. There were some rumors of some shadiness/quid pro quo/Pastner exaggerating the pull he could have due to connections.

Think he told some story about sending letters/videos to a million coaches and only Olson responding, but I think Lute prob knew him and was looking for an angle, too.

Lotta strands, don’t remember all the details, but i just have to let out the pent up hate every once in a while. Cursed that this guy has been on my radar for over half my life.

In the last 5 minutes, Carr had 4 points, secured the game-saving steal and called timeout without traveling, and was the only player other than Appleby to score a field goal. Marsh had 1 defensive board in 10 minutes. The dunks are fun, but when we're playing from behind there's just no way you bench Carr. It's Klintman who's really taking those minutes and allowing Carr to slide down to the 5 against smaller teams, and it's a hard sell to argue Klintman isn't giving us more than Marsh considering how he's been playing.

I think there's plenty of finger-pointing to be done on how we ended up chasing Ga Tech with a few minutes remaining, but even bad teams can execute down the stretch - and that's what they did. They hit tough shots, made good decisions, got a couple calls - that's a game we historically lose. When that Monsanto 3 missed I really thought we were toast. Gritty win on a night where nothing was dropping against a zone.

(I actually thought Pastner did an ok job yesterday) :couch: I just hate him. The lone blight on the ‘97 season for me.

Forbes cracked me up in this, dude was wired. Love it. Opposite of the opposing coach fraud.

Dug it last year (or earlier this) when someone was talking about his Burger King AA saying and (I’m probably sort of messing this up) asked what other coach would be eating at Burger King and suggested Pastner. Forbes just kind of chuckled and was like “I know Josh, I’ve known Josh for a long time, trust me he’s not eating at Burger King.” Because Forbes knows what a spoiled entitled whiny baby Pastner is. FACTS.
Yikes. Not saying you are wrong…bringing’ it strong to keyboard!

I don't like the long break but I do have an optimistic feeling about the Miami game. I predicted a 12-9 finish when we were 6-2, IIRC. I missed the home loss to State, so we need to steal a predicted L to get to 12:Ws.
(Assuming wins vs ND and BC)

Regarding the FT disparity yesterday, Wake leads the ACC in FTA’s while GT is next to last. So, yesterday‘s discrepancy is consistent with a season long trend rather than indicating biased officiating. I think one of Ty’s secret powers is drawing fouls, and he handled the ball a lot in the last minutes of the game yesterday. Hildreth draws a lot, too.

I don't like the long break but I do have an optimistic feeling about the Miami game. I predicted a 12-9 finish when we were 6-2, IIRC. I missed the home loss to State, so we need to steal a predicted L to get to 12:Ws.
(Assuming wins vs ND and BC)
I think Miami plays Monday, so they’ll have a break, too. I’m glad we have the week. Ty needs a rest and Carr’s hand needs to heal.

Back