• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men who have cheated

I guess it depends on how you define wrong.

If you're unhappy in a relationship, sexually repressed, and the significant other has no way to find out, then it causes no harm to the partner, therefore the overall happiness is not diminished. This assumes that the enjoyment of the affair outweighs the ramifications to your conscience or the additional effort needed to continue it.

To provide a blanket, universalized moral statement such as "cheating is always wrong" is too polarized to encompass all possible situations and their unique complexities.

Moral imperative bro.

Oh dear, you guys aren't making me feel any better.

One of my male co workers today who always has good insight on things like this said every guy is hardwired to cheat, but some overcome that. That pretty much depressed me the rest of the day.

One of my male co workers today who always has good insight on things like this said every guy is hardwired to cheat, but some overcome that. That pretty much depressed me the rest of the day.

I disagree with that. I never had the urge to cheat. Of course it probably came down to laziness, juggling women just seems like too much work.

Yeah he is wrong.

Also studies show women cheat at similar rates to men.

I'll take "flying your ex girlfriend down to vacation with you for New Years for 5 days" behind your girlfriends back for 1000 Alex. Among other issues.

Maybe he took her on vacation because she doesn't ask depressing questions and criticize widows for taking off their wedding ring.

Yeah he is wrong.

Also studies show women cheat at similar rates to men.

If it was socially acceptable for men to have some trim on the side most men would if they could. If you married a girl and she legitimately wasn't upset that you slept with other women as long as you loved and provided for her and her family then most men probably would sleep with other women given the opportunity.

If it was socially acceptable for men to have some trim on the side most men would if they could. If you married a girl and she legitimately wasn't upset that you slept with other women as long as you loved and provided for her and her family then most men probably would sleep with other women given the opportunity.

I'd imagine most women would to. New sex is fun. Old sex can be more fun, but it never has that initial spark. It's more about knowing your partner. It'd be great to get both, but it'd be expensive (having a girlfriend/wife is expensive and trying to get laid is too).

taken-single.jpg

OH believe me, not moving on was never an option. Haha...this wasn't a thread for forgiveness...that ish is out the window.

I'm calling bullshit on that. I've had relationships of two years, 4 years, 6 months, and 1 year. Came dangerously close and possibly crossed the line into cheating once in all of those. And, that was the one where I was constantly being accused of cheating and things were generally miserable in the relationship.

I heard a saying in Spanish that cracked me up. Doesn't translate real well, but the closest english equivalent is "they are happy because they are four" meaning a happy, content couple is that way because they have each other as well as a person on the side.

I'll take "flying your ex girlfriend down to vacation with you for New Years for 5 days" behind your girlfriends back for 1000 Alex. Among other issues.

By being that blatant, I would think he wanted to get caught/break it up with you. Dickish move on his part. Curious as to what his lie was to be away for 5 days over NYE (bachelor party, bowl game with high school buddy who is a XXX grad, etc.)

What did you do wrong to make him do that? Just kidding. That sucks.

Back