• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No Labels third party ticket

Like the Republican Party, I would rather try and win despite moderates, rather than because of them. I want to abandon and neglect moderates to the farthest extent possible, and I won’t be convinced by moderates of the necessity for moderates
You must be under the impression that i'm trying to convince you of something.

nah, i know you're blue maga

i'm gonna go touch some grass

you should do the same
another ridiculous strawman to replace another. Glad to see the same cast of characters playing their roles.

i feel like we haven't checked in in awhile

are you doing anything to help elect dems in NC yet?

i feel like we haven't checked in in awhile

are you doing anything to help elect dems in NC yet?
wait i thought I was blue maga? not alot honestly. i have a shitload of deadlines that are taking up my time and am the executor of my lifelong friend's estate that just offed himself because I was the only one he could trust

You must be under the impression that i'm trying to convince you of something.
Anyway, I didn’t reference you to get into the same dumb argument. My point was that you are a person that predictably expresses schadenfreude at the powerlesssness of a a wing of the party you disagree with. It’s my wish that the rightwing of the party become similarly powerless, even without more voters. Even with a minority or 50 votes I want to disincentivize and ostracize the conservative wing of the party.

i would prefer to win elections than to ostracize or blame anyone. it would be great if we didn't have to rely on a senator who won in a Trump +30 state to pass anything.

i would prefer to win elections… it would be great if we didn't have to rely on a senator who won in a Trump +30 state to pass anything.
See this is where we part. I want to win in spite of those senators, not with them, and certainly not because of them, and if that means a greater chance of losing, so be it. The difference is very important.

See this is where we part. I want to win in spite of those senators, not with them, and certainly not because of them, and if that means a greater chance of losing, so be it. The difference is very important.
see i think avoiding a Christo-Fascist state is more important than an ideological pipe dream

see i think avoiding a Christo-Fascist state is more important than an ideological pipe dream
these arguments are always fun because the hypothetical threat you always reference is always near but not quite here, and you twist yourself in knots to avoid acknowledging that it’s your political strategy that’s brought us to the very precipice of the threat you are so resolved to avoid. How do you not get that these social/economic/political conditions are responsible for Democratic and Republican victories?

hypothetical? are you not paying attention?
there’s only one of us who can’t acknowledge how bad things are because we are always trying to keep people in line with the threat of a worse future. When American politics is always a project in progress we never have to acknowledge it as a failure now. Moderate politics is like that corny joke they hang up at bars “Free Beer Tomorrow”

So, who we voting for next year, RFK Jr. or Cornell West? Or are we still going with Stein? Leaning towards writing in Bernie.

My contention is that the "free beer tomorrow" crowd certainly isn't the moderates. But you are correct that we will never see eye to eye on this stuff.

Sucker, I let them know a racist dumb as shit former agent named TheReff has made it so I will never use their company and they need to screen their people better.
I told them to cancel your policies anyway. Too many claims.

I’ve employed about 25 people over the last 12 years on $3.2M worth of federal grants. Thankfully I do have a university that handles payroll issues etc. I bring in way more money than I make so I’m certainly not “on the dole.” Plus I have my own consulting LLC.
You answered my question then—you have not employed them yourself and have not ever matched the employees FICA out of your own pocket. That is what self employed people that run a business with employees have to do. It costs them the extra 7.65% of matching FICA out of their own bottom line.

Your employees did not cost you anything out of your pocket at all. Federal taxpayers paid for them.

Back