• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 College Basketball Thread: UCONN - One Shining Moment

"Some Wake Forest fans wondered if Haas' decision was affected by the rampant negativity about the program on social media and message boards. Watkins didn't deny that it was a factor.

"I think there's so much out there for a kid now," he said. "I know the social media part of it is huge with them. I don't know how much of a role it played in this, to be quite honest, but I do know that it played a role- I don't know how much. Most kids now, they're a lot more savvy when it comes to social media than we are. It is what it is."

We helped avoid a community outbreak. Well done lads.

Wasn’t he the kid that Rusty just stopped taking to after his commitment, thinking he was solid, and Purdue swooped in?

Wasn’t he the kid that Rusty just stopped taking to after his commitment, thinking he was solid, and Purdue swooped in?
yes

i gotta say - we had bad coaches, but some of our assistants were somehow even worse over that stretch

Notre Dame losing to Radford 48-42 early in the 2nd half… Brey has played 6 players.

Notre Dame losing to Radford 48-42 early in the 2nd half… Brey has played 6 players.

Man, can we please get potential leading scorer, Ituka, healthy, and just start ACC play right now?

We know at least 3 teams completely suck:

Ga Tech - should lose to GA State.

Louisville.

Notre Dame. Picked 6th in pre-season, got schooled by Radford, until they choked.

Some "good" games on the schedule tonight... At least good relative to the shit we've seen so far this week.

Michigan State vs. Gonzaga (on the USS Abraham Lincoln)
Stanford vs. Wisconsin (in Milwaukee)
Clemson @ South Carolina (USC barely beat South Carolina State in their opener... Yikes)
West Virginia @ Pittsburgh
Villanova @ Temple
BYU @ San Diego State
FSU @ UCF

PJ Hall is out for Clemson. He suffered a knee injury over the Summer and is still rehabbing. Clemson is WF's ACC Opener on December 2nd. After somehow losing to Clemson without Hall last year, Deacs needs to take advantage if Hall is out again this year. S. Carolina looked awful against SC State this week. Lamont Parris was a good hire, but looks like the Cocks have a long way to go. Took Clemson today (the line has already moved), would have jumped in with both feet if Hall was playing.

Hughley is out for Pitt right now. He was their entire team last year. Capel brought in a ton of transfers to try to save his job. WV has the oft-traveled Texas transfer Tre Mitchell. Big edge on the sidelines for Huggins. Lean WV. System teams like Wisky usually start strong.

FWIW, one completely off-the-radar team to keep an eye on is Pepperdine. Lorenzo Romar can bring in talent, and the Waves may have 3 future NBA players on their roster, including Michael Porter Jr's brother, Jevon Porter. Wish Pepperdine was in a different conference as there is no chance they are going to beat out the Zags for the WCC title (so, there isn't a viable futures bet on Pepperdine), but they are a team to profit on early in each game. Pepperdine beat a decent Rice team by 39 in the opener, and rose 30 spots in KP. There is still more room to climb.

Small tidbit: go against VMI every game early. They are decimated. Every good player with eligibility transferred, and then two of the guys that remained are hurt. No one transfers to VMI. They are going to be awful: new coach, young/weak roster/up tempo system.... Disaster. It will be at least a few games before the linemaker catches up.

Jake Stephens went to Chattanooga, which I noticed the other night. That's a good pickup for the Mocs after they lost Malachi Smith.

The WCC will be interesting this year for the 2nd spot imo. Obviously there's Saint Mary's and BYU, but Pepperdine, Santa Clara, and dark horse San Diego all are improved. Guessing SF will fall off with Golden going to FL.

The coaches in the conference are oddly good: Few, Bennett, Lavin, Romar, and Sendek.

PJ Hall is out for Clemson. He suffered a knee injury over the Summer and is still rehabbing. Clemson is WF's ACC Opener on December 2nd. After somehow losing to Clemson without Hall last year, Deacs needs to take advantage if Hall is out again this year. S. Carolina looked awful against SC State this week. Lamont Parris was a good hire, but looks like the Cocks have a long way to go. Took Clemson today (the line has already moved), would have jumped in with both feet if Hall was playing.

Hughley is out for Pitt right now. He was their entire team last year. Capel brought in a ton of transfers to try to save his job. WV has the oft-traveled Texas transfer Tre Mitchell. Big edge on the sidelines for Huggins. Lean WV. System teams like Wisky usually start strong.

FWIW, one completely off-the-radar team to keep an eye on is Pepperdine. Lorenzo Romar can bring in talent, and the Waves may have 3 future NBA players on their roster, including Michael Porter Jr's brother, Jevon Porter. Wish Pepperdine was in a different conference as there is no chance they are going to beat out the Zags for the WCC title (so, there isn't a viable futures bet on Pepperdine), but they are a team to profit on early in each game. Pepperdine beat a decent Rice team by 39 in the opener, and rose 30 spots in KP. There is still more room to climb.

Small tidbit: go against VMI every game early. They are decimated. Every good player with eligibility transferred, and then two of the guys that remained are hurt. No one transfers to VMI. They are going to be awful: new coach, young/weak roster/up tempo system.... Disaster. It will be at least a few games before the linemaker catches up.

But VMI just beat something called Penn State New Kensing 100-58 last night... They must be good!

Welp, I guess we may as pack in the entire season.

Fairfield (-6.5) is losing 43-35 at halftime to KP #325 New Hampshire.

Supreme Cook has 1 point, 1 rebound.

Fairfield shooting 5-10 from 3... Yet still being handled by an objectively bad team.

Just a partial, but when I saw that Fairfield/NH score my enthusiasm for WF -6.5 tonight waned.

Fairfield is down 64-50 now.

83-71 Final.

The Stags must have blown their load facing the blueblood powerhouse that is Wake Forest.

Big letdown game to have to then go to UNH just a few days after losing their Super Bowl.

So maybe their Kenpom rating is a little off.

Back