• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prime Time and the Colorado Football Experiment

you know that is a good point that hadn't been brought up on here. Everyone has been going with these kids are leaving... many of them may have been told to leave. Even the really good ones may not be a fit.

I just thought it was an interesting story. As I stated, I'm a life-long Braves fan and loved Deion. It's not some referendum on race. Drink some decaf.
Shrug. I didn't say it was a referendum on race.

A DB who transferred from Jackson State is now transferring out of Colorado.

Deion picks up two former FSU players.

EDGE Derrick McLendon
LB Brendan Gant

Great interview. McAfee is about half crazy but not a bad look inside Deion's mindset.

"In the Bible, what's the book after the Genesis?"

Thanks for posting. That's great stuff. It's clear why he's coaching college and not the NFL.

Deon will fail miserably. And it will be fun to watch.
You can’t fail when the program is a dumpster fire, if he wins 2 games this year he’s improved the program. He likely isn’t the long term answer but he’s brought some energy to a dead program…40,000 at the spring game for a team coming off 1-11 is a good start. I mean he has his own thread on a Wake Forest message board so he has our attention.

I just think they win only a couple of games this season, maybe make a bowl next year. Then Shadeur moves on, and who knows if he’s really any good in the first place. The big question is what does Colorado look like in year three and I’m not convinced they’re doing anything today that will make them good in three years.

So if they’re not good in year three and the recruiting isn’t convincing. Deion needs to get moved out quickly because paying portal guys and not showing the ability to recruit and develop ha not yet proved to be a big time winning formula.

The Patriots picked Jackson State CB/PR/KR Isaiah Bolden in the 7th round. He was the only HBCU player drafted. So that's one draft pick for Coach Prime.

Yeah you can say a lot of things about Deion but you can't say he wasn't a great player. He was even a pretty good baseball player - 1000% better than Michael Jordan!

Yeah you can say a lot of things about Deion but you can't say he wasn't a great player. He was even a pretty good baseball player - 1000% better than Michael Jordan!
Plenty of statistical and eye-test reasons to disagree, but I always thought Jordan's baseball accomplishments were somewhat underrated. The guy hadn't played baseball in at least 15 years, and at age 31(?) he was able to bat .200 and hit a few home runs against guys who were close to major league-level talent. He "failed" mostly b/c our expectations of Jordan (and I'm sure himself) were much higher, but when you see some of the greatest active NFL and NBA players in the world try to throw a ceremonial 1st pitch, I'll give him props for being semi-competent at the DoubleA level.

You can’t fail when the program is a dumpster fire, if he wins 2 games this year he’s improved the program. He likely isn’t the long term answer but he’s brought some energy to a dead program…40,000 at the spring game for a team coming off 1-11 is a good start. I mean he has his own thread on a Wake Forest message board so he has our attention.
Not mine.

Back