• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rand Paul Making New Friends

Complaining about political correctness is basically just admitting that you've got a bunch of offensive shit that you want to say, but you're afraid you'll get hurt up or lose money if you say it.

Again, I understand I'm talking to unwilling, delicate ears and a firmly closed mind, but to answer your concerns anyway, illustrating that well-intended policies are failing because true believers place blind faith in things like political correctness might also be giving an informed, eyes-wide-open opinion on the Emperor's New Clothes. There are no shortage of people willing to dock their boats in the safe harbor of political correctness, but are people not allowed to point out when it doesn't work? Or does this church (like other hard line faiths) not suffer heresy particularly well?

To be perfectly clear, "offensive" by your definition includes the belief that our government shouldn't actively discriminate against/for people solely because of their race. Watch how your church treats such heresy and you'll see my point.

I think I have seen almost every single poster on here concede a point in a debate with the exception of RJ, bkf, jhmd, and folks that are legitimate trolls.

So the percentage of unemployed on UI has gone down dramatically under Obama as has the unemployment rate.

So the percentage of unemployed on UI has gone down dramatically under Obama as has the unemployment rate.

Yeah but I'm not sure it means much as any sort of performance indicator. It sure does mean that when you talk about 99-week UI like Rand was, you're only talking about less than 1/3 of the unemployed who are even receiving UI in the first place.

I think I have seen almost every single poster on here concede a point in a debate with the exception of RJ, bkf, jhmd, and folks that are legitimate trolls.

Aren't you the guy that posts .gifs when he runs out of thoughts?

Yeah but I'm not sure it means much as any sort of performance indicator. It sure does mean that when you talk about 99-week UI like Rand was, you're only talking about less than 1/3 of the unemployed who are even receiving UI in the first place.

But compartmentalizing the benefits is a good way to mask the issue. There are many species of these benefits, but the big picture stats (labor force participation seems like an important one) tell the tale, since it avoids stove-piping the analysis.

Clearly jobs have been created under this Administration (no one disputes that), and some of them can be attributed to natural cycles in the economy and some can be attributed to things like the Stimulus. Which policies do you believe are most directly tied to the economic recovery?

Aren't you the guy that posts .gifs when he runs out of thoughts?

I post gifs for a lot of things. I'm also more than willing to concede points on here. Your current lecture about everyone else being close minded has less to do with running out of thoughts than being open to opposing points of view though. I'm not certain, but I think there might be some irony in some of these pivots.

But compartmentalizing the benefits is a good way to mask the issue. There are many species of these benefits, but the big picture stats (labor force participation seems like an important one) tell the tale, since it avoids stove-piping the analysis.

Clearly jobs have been created under this Administration (no one disputes that), and some of them can be attributed to natural cycles in the economy and some can be attributed to things like the Stimulus. Which policies do you believe are most directly tied to the economic recovery?

I mean you seconded Rand Paul on 99 week UI causing long term unemployment and I pointed out that most people who are uninsured aren't on UI in the first place. There's nothing to compartmentalize. You and your boy are holding forth about a group of people you know nothing about. Whatever.

I'm pretty sure I've posted extensively on what policies I think are most important for economic recovery and have little interest in doing so to deflect from the points in the above paragraph.

How could jobs be created with all the job killing regulations Obama inacted?

No Republican was saying unemployment would be naturally down below 6% 5 years ago.

America, as a whole, prevented and negated the development of the African American culture for 100 years, and we retarded it for the next 80 by denying them equal protection under Federal law. I don't see the problem with the Federal government giving special treatment and protection to the African American race in order to help advance their progress. I believe the extent of this "help" is vastly overstated by those who are against it, and I also believe that many government assistance programs targeting poverty are ignorantly and offensively misattributed as racial "reparations".

Last edited:
Complaining about political correctness is basically just admitting that you've got a bunch of offensive shit that you want to say, but you're afraid you'll get hurt up or lose money if you say it.

On second reading, you actually make a pretty good point, although unwittingly. Like most hard line faiths who are resistant to dissenting opinions, persecution of nonbelievers is an important tool of coercion. Few do it better in 2014 than the Church of Political Correctness.

I mean you seconded Rand Paul on 99 week UI causing long term unemployment and I pointed out that most people who are uninsured aren't on UI in the first place. There's nothing to compartmentalize. You and your boy are holding forth about a group of people you know nothing about. Whatever.

I'm pretty sure I've posted extensively on what policies I think are most important for economic recovery and have little interest in doing so to deflect from the points in the above paragraph.

Do you not agree that a person who has his needs met by a third party benefit over an extended period of time lacks the real-time incentive that someone who isn't having their needs met has, in real time? I mean....how? Are you really going to argue that point?

Do you believe the long-term unemployment insurance helps the supposed beneficiary find a job? Articulate that, please.

On second reading, you actually make a pretty good point, although unwittingly. Like most hard line faiths who are resistant to dissenting opinions, persecution of nonbelievers is an important tool of coercion. Few do it better in 2014 than the Church of Political Correctness.
Don't cry to me about the free market correcting itself, or "coercion" as you call it. Last I checked, nobody got jail time for expressing an offensive opinion.

I post gifs for a lot of things. I'm also more than willing to concede points on here. Your current lecture about everyone else being close minded has less to do with running out of thoughts than being open to opposing points of view though. I'm not certain, but I think there might be some irony in some of these pivots.

Okay, if not me (apparently), who then is allowed to point out when black unemployment continues to be twice (!) that of white unemployment fifty (!) years into the Great Society? Show me the gains. If not, at the very least tell me who is allowed to speak in this "free and open" dialogue?

Okay, if not me (apparently), who then is allowed to point out when black unemployment continues to be twice (!) that of white unemployment fifty (!) years into the Great Society? Show me the gains. If not, at the very least tell me who is allowed to speak in this "free and open" dialogue?

Who said you couldn't speak about that?

Do you not agree that a person who has his needs met by a third party benefit over an extended period of time lacks the real-time incentive that someone who isn't having their needs met has, in real time? I mean....how? Are you really going to argue that point?

Do you believe the long-term unemployment insurance helps the supposed beneficiary find a job? Articulate that, please.

So all it takes to get a job is incentive.

Back