• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The devil never sleeps, this time it's Nice, France

Perhaps. But I know if the Orlando shooter's parents hadn't been allowed to immigrate, all those people would not have been murdered that night and their loved ones would not have had their lives turned upside down. You can go down the list of Islamic terrorist attacks in the west and for the most part this will hold true. Maybe it's because we disagree about the significance of the threat posed by Islamic terrorism that you aren't bothered by Hillary bringing in almost another million Muslims in her first term.

no, you don't

So should we never have let Muslims come here. They weren't exactly on the Mayflower or other settlers' ships. They came over much later.

Grant amnesty for those already here and then begin enforcing the current laws more rigorously so we don't get back to 12 million people. What do you think we could do?

Yeah, like we said we were going to do in 1985. And again in 2001. You really think most of those proposing amnesty are interested in enforcement when they can add millions of voters to their party every 15 years?

No more amnesties is the right answer. You aren't going to deport 12 million, but you deport anybody who is illegal when you find them, whether they have a criminal history or not.

Bob2 has such a warped and fucked up view. It's ok he won't see this because he is an ignore pussy but his prevent Orlando by not allowing immigrants is flawed even by his bullshit metrics. The negative to positive ratio of immigrants from parents or refugees from countries is way on the plus side from the -49 Probably one Muslim doctor with refugee status has probably cancelled out Bob2s -49 lives bullshit. As someone that has worked with these people as well as others who give back medically and scientifically here and globally for the betterment of society id rather have 1000 more of them then more Bob2s that don't do shit. There's all kinds of other statistics like these people are more likely to work in underserved communities, take less appealing medical speciality like general practice etc... So I'll take the positive that can be measured with these immigrants and refugees then the boogeyman hypothetical minority report bullshit Bob2 is peddling.

French prime minister Manuel Valls has said that although he cannot confirm the attacker’s motives, Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel “is a terrorist probably linked to radical Islam one way or another”.
Bouhlel’s brother Jabeur said he still doubted whether his sibling was the attacker. “Why would my brother do something like this?” he told Reuters, adding: “We’ve been calling him since yesterday evening but he’s not responding.”
WTF

Can't confirm attackers motives---must be Radical Islam because his name is Mohamed.*

*I have no idea whether or not it will be tied to Radical Islam or not. It very well could be.

NotBad.gif

Can't confirm attackers motives---must be Radical Islam because his name is Mohamed.*

*I have no idea whether or not it will be tied to Radical Islam or not. It very well could be.

French Prime Minister says his motives are "probably linked to radical Islam". But think it's just as likely to be the Westboro Baptist Church because...CHRISTIANS!

Bob2 has such a warped and fucked up view. It's ok he won't see this because he is an ignore pussy but his prevent Orlando by not allowing immigrants is flawed even by his bullshit metrics. The negative to positive ratio of immigrants from parents or refugees from countries is way on the plus side from the -49 Probably one Muslim doctor with refugee status has probably cancelled out Bob2s -49 lives bullshit. As someone that has worked with these people as well as others who give back medically and scientifically here and globally for the betterment of society id rather have 1000 more of them then more Bob2s that don't do shit. There's all kinds of other statistics like these people are more likely to work in underserved communities, take less appealing medical speciality like general practice etc... So I'll take the positive that can be measured with these immigrants and refugees then the boogeyman hypothetical minority report bullshit Bob2 is peddling.

That's because there is a specific immigration category for those willing to work in medically underserved areas.

Everyone knows that working in underserved communities is a front for terrorist activity

The retroactive non-admission theory is extremely weak sauce. Nobody could have predicted in 1985 that some Afghanis sexually repressed son was going to get radicalized over the internet that didn't exist and shoot up a gay club that also didn't exist (openly).

That said, given what we know now, tightening immigration or instituting travel bans from specified mideast countries is becoming a more attractive notion. There is plenty of precedent for such things. Now there's no way in hell I'm voting for Trump because he would handle such a thing in the most ham-handed way possible and piss off all those Muslims we need to actually, you know, fight and die against ISIS and let us fly our planes over their countries. But it's certainly a policy that deserves consideration and serious discussion.

At the same time, Western countries need to do more to integrate the muslim populations they already have. This is not such a huge issue in America but is an enormous problem in France. French government policy has not been good in this regard, and the immigrant population apparently hasn't shown much interest in integrating either.

I agree with 923. I'm certainly for tightening and scrutinizing more on the immigration than we are already doing, as well as enforcing laws already in place.

The retroactive non-admission theory is extremely weak sauce. Nobody could have predicted in 1985 that some Afghanis sexually repressed son was going to get radicalized over the internet that didn't exist and shoot up a gay club that also didn't exist (openly).

That said, given what we know now, tightening immigration or instituting travel bans from specified mideast countries is becoming a more attractive notion. There is plenty of precedent for such things. Now there's no way in hell I'm voting for Trump because he would handle such a thing in the most ham-handed way possible and piss off all those Muslims we need to actually, you know, fight and die against ISIS and let us fly our planes over their countries. But it's certainly a policy that deserves consideration and serious discussion.

At the same time, Western countries need to do more to integrate the muslim populations they already have. This is not such a huge issue in America but is an enormous problem in France. French government policy has not been good in this regard, and the immigrant population apparently hasn't shown much interest in integrating either.

One of the things that drives me crazy about the "Islamic terrorism is merely a symptom of poverty and despair" canard is the number of wealthy, connected, integrated Muslims who become radicalized, even in this country. Nadal Hassan was a medical doctor with a six figure job in the United States Army. The Tzarnayevs were integrated in U.S. culture. OBL himself was a multimillionaire who had more "privilege" in his society than corpulent soccer fans posting on the OGB do in theirs. KSM is still NC A&T's most famous graduate (no offense, Jesse). We can't blame violence on poverty and disaffection.

Back