• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

THEE Chat Thread !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all the hate for master planned communities with a theme? Disney already has done this (https://insidethemagic.net/2020/12/golden-oak-disney-world-kc1mmb/) and Jimmy Buffett has several planned across the countries. I am tired of all you Sarah Palin wannabe' decrying the lack of Real America for Real Americans. America was built on planned communities, look at the Louisiana Purchase.

Last edited:
opened that link without my adblocker and the page crashed with all the ads

i blame Ben Franklin for all these planned communities

but you know who really fucked us? Rome...thanks, organizational theory

I think it looks pretty bad ass. It's the real life version of Living+ from Succession. I'm all in

Tell me about the grit in your neighborhoods

??

they created channels from the river and reversed the flow of the river, but which river did they make?

That's way more than what Charlotte did with the US National Whitewater Center and the Catawba River which runs along the Charlotte city limits.

there have been a lot of good comedians and musicians that chafed against their boring suburbs growing up and it's part of what made them good artists
pretty big difference between the Linklater-style boring suburb growing up experience and the highly-planned disney master development in my opinion

I want to move to Pittsboro Disney Subdivision just so I can be on the HOA.
Biff joins Dwarven Council !!!

sevendwarfs.jpg

to the surprise of nobody, I rarely enjoy spending time in these new master-planned communities/neighborhoods

very convenient, but so dead feeling

like hudson yard
When the leaves fall off the trees, I can see the rusted out hulls of multiple automobiles from the 70s from my back porch, juice.

i just don't know what's embarrassing about it. Disney is going to put up some bad ass, technologically advanced homes with a bunch of amenities. They are going to charge an arm and a leg for it... people who want in will be able to buy in. If people don't want in, it fails and there are some cool homes sitting around the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back