• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thomas calling out the doubters MTOW

Wow, I never thought a loss by nine points to Kansas would have us talking NCAA tournament. I remember when we whooped Kansas by thirty and no one was saying how good we were which was proven over the course of the season and the early exit from the NCAA.

Probably not the best example. We destroyed Kansas and then were embarrassed by MD in the ACCT and Butler in the NCAA. Then our coach was not offered an extension after the season.

So there is your value to crushing Kansas.

You explained his point. A coach got fired after a season we beat Kansas by 30. Yet Bz is going to use losing by 9 as justification to keep his job.

This isn't true. Wake fans wouldn't consider it a victory if we make one 2nd round appearance and then go through the rebuilding bull shit that we have the past few years. Sustained success is the only thing that "people invested in Bz" would rub in the face of the Buzz-out movement.

Unless the team just shits the bed this year(which isn't out of the realm of possibility) then the silly little club known as #Buzzout will be even more irrelevant than it is today. It's not like we won't be better next year than we are this year.

Speaking of the enabling suck ups...

Anyone who says that people who are "Buzz out" are irrelevant or in the minority immediately lose all credibility.

First of all, lol at the Creamy tags. They are always much appreciated. Secondly, thanks for all of the neg rep. Finally, I stand by what I said. The vast majority of our fan following are not on these boards. Therefore, all of the eternal pessimists that attempt to ignore any signs of improvement and support for our team are in the minority.

You're really horrible at, like, thinking.

So every Wake fan not on this board, or even the majority if them, love them some [Redacted] ? Ho-kay then.

I am not a Bz hater, I am a Bz outer, which is probably the majority of Wake fans. So far I have been fairly impressed with what I have seen. Am I sold yet? Absolutely not. Am I willing to be dead wrong about Bz if we have a great season? Absolutely. In the meantime, I will enjoy watching this team play and hope they somehow prove the vast majority of us dead wrong.

You explained his point. A coach got fired after a season we beat Kansas by 30. Yet Bz is going to use losing by 9 as justification to keep his job.

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Buzz and our incompetent AD...

I am not a Bz hater, I am a Bz outer, which is probably the majority of Wake fans. So far I have been fairly impressed with what I have seen. Am I sold yet? Absolutely not. Am I willing to be dead wrong about Bz if we have a great season? Absolutely. In the meantime, I will enjoy watching this team play and hope they somehow prove the vast majority of us dead wrong.

I think you've described a large majority of the fanbase.

Who the fuck is 88Deac? Apparently he's one of the enablers I speak of. Thanks for nothing.

This could be a big game for Devin Thomas. If he can assert himself against Tennessee's bigs, it will be a statement game for him.

Where the hell are all these Wake fans that Creamy is talking about? Hiding out in some underground bunker?

They're certainly not hanging out at Lawrence Joel...

This could be a big game for Devin Thomas. If he can assert himself against Tennessee's bigs, it will be a statement game for him.

For sure. Jarnell Stokes is a bruiser and he's a really effective post defender. At this point in his career, Stokes should easily be Devin's toughest test so far, IMO. The Kansas game wasn't a great match-up for him, but Stokes in a lot of ways is a similar player.

Quite a statement. I love Devin but he was his own worst enemy at this tourney. A non factor. More action, less talk.

As well as Devin plays in some games he disappears in other games. History is repeating itself. He has to keep his focus and become a more consistent player.

Until today, I thought Devin's teammates were going to bail him out. I like Devin, think he can be a star, but like I said earlier, better back up your words with your actions.

I think Devin is coming to the realization that playing for Buzz means having no help on the interior and his frustration is starting to boil over from having to guard and be guarded by players that are a lot bigger.

It's one thing to beat up on terrible teams. Once our guys start beating good teams on a regular basis I'll quit being a doubter. Right now we've only played two good teams and both games were losses.

Back