• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

If we were 7-1 right now sure I think everyone gets on board with this thinking. 8-0 and top 10 ranking with a stretch of winnable games ahead changes the equation considerably. This is a once-in-a-lifetime shot. It’ll still be a hugely successful season regardless and we’ll all probably be happy with the result when the dust settles but will be hard not to imagine what could have been.

No, I agree, let's shot for the fences and I think we can win out. I'm just saying give no concern to what others say and don't let it take away from the joy of this season however it plays out. If we do win out and win the ACC title, there will be those saying how bad the ACC was this year. If we lose a couple the next 4 weeks, there will be people saying we were overrated, but a 10-2 regular season would tie the best season ever. I'm just saying take the attitude screw what ever any non-Wake fan says and embrace what's going on this year.

Biggest game in program history since at least the Orange Bowl (one could argue that the ACCCG was a bigger game than the Orange Bowl)

The NC State game will be a 6-day hold, right? Otherwise we will know that game's time/network in a couple of hours.

The ACC Championship game was bigger than the Orange Bowl. It was for a league championship. The Orange Bowl was just an exhibition game. One that I am thrilled we played in but it still doesn't mean as much as winning the league.

No, I agree, let's shot for the fences and I think we can win out. I'm just saying give no concern to what others say and don't let it take away from the joy of this season however it plays out. If we do win out and win the ACC title, there will be those saying how bad the ACC was this year. If we lose a couple the next 4 weeks, there will be people saying we were overrated, but a 10-2 regular season would tie the best season ever. I'm just saying take the attitude screw what ever any non-Wake fan says and embrace what's going on this year.

Okay gotcha, yeah I agree I’m going to enjoy the hell out of it!

Get that blood pressure up !!

FDDfSJIXsAIenKU

The ACC Championship game was bigger than the Orange Bowl. It was for a league championship. The Orange Bowl was just an exhibition game. One that I am thrilled we played in but it still doesn't mean as much as winning the league.

yeah. Carolina has played in the Orange Bowl, Duke in the Peach Bowl. But they haven't won an ACC CG.

yeah. Carolina has played in the Orange Bowl, Duke in the Peach Bowl. But they haven't won an ACC CG.

Yep. We are the only North Carolina ACC team to win a championship in the last 30+ years.

and State, bless their hearts, hasn't played for a Championship or in a NY6 Bowl in the expansion era (I'm assuming they have way in the past).

and State, bless their hearts, hasn't played for a Championship or in a NY6 Bowl in the expansion era (I'm assuming they have way in the past).

State has never played in any of the major bowls. They have played in a lot of Peach Bowls, but that was before it became a major bowl. Last time they played in it was 1995. And they haven't won a conference championship since 1979. But hey, they beat Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl that time. So they've got that going for them, which is nice.

It feels tough for me to tell how good UNC actually is. Compared to preseason hype, obviously they aren't a top 10 team. But the models still like them. Howell is solid if not Heisman level. Where should we be worried?

Cam's response is funny.

We deserve a night game. Those last 2 in the 06 season were amazing.

Yes, we do! Agree 100%.

But those last 2 in 2006 were not amazing, since there was nothing amazing about that Va Tech game.

More like amazing BC game, and embarrassing on several fronts including our RB getting sick, our only other RB got speared/targeting (hmmmm), disaster ticket management and security, Va Tech game.

I hope we don't expect the same success throwing bombs against UNC that we did against Army and Duke - different caliber athlete. I do love that we have multiple weapons and can spread the ball around, and a QB that can find the open man. Just need to OL to give Sam some time.

Weird that unc is the least important game of the rest of the season

I've seen a few UNC re-plays and the 1 thing that STOOD OUT:

You can get pressure on Howell, no doubt, but you cannot arm tackle Howell. He is deceptively quick and strong. Hit and WRAP UP.

We could get some sacks!

I hope we don't expect the same success throwing bombs against UNC that we did against Army and Duke - different caliber athlete. I do love that we have multiple weapons and can spread the ball around, and a QB that can find the open man. Just need to OL to give Sam some time.

Yeah, but we've thrown bombs against everybody we've played this year. I agree, UNC probably has more speed back there than our last couple of opponents, but we've done that to FSU and Louisville as well.

They have a ton of talent in DB but they have given up a lot of big plays and knock is that they’re always out of position and play poor technique- I think we can hit a few but will need to capitalize when we get those chances. Also- going to need to be able to run ball better than we have.

Back