• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake in Daily Caller

History means nothing to my outrage!!!

False equivalency is the core of conservative outrage. I’m stunned how educated people can equate a white person being compared to a cracker with a black person being compared to a gorilla. What history do you all learn?

Yeah no doubt. It's not perfectly fair. But there's, like, a reason for that difference in response.

For sure, society should probably judge those two things differently. But should the Wake Forest Bias Review Group?

Whole thing seems like a joke, but is there any doubt that if a black student protesting Trump was handed a watermelon/had his face photoshopped on a gorilla, there would have been a ton of outrage, and the offending student(s) would have certainly faced significant discipline?

Seems like the kid's purpose was to point out the double standard, rather than truly play the victim card. Dumb thing to do, either way.

Brave thing actually.

False equivalency is the core of conservative outrage. I’m stunned how educated people can equate a white person being compared to a cracker with a black person being compared to a gorilla. What history do you all learn?

Forget about the race part. Dude's being harassed.

Wake says they protect against that.

As we are learning with FISAgate, the wheels of justice turn at a snail's pace, Mainer.

heads rolling, for sure

but seriouslys, what we're really learning is that Conservative Millennials are a bunch of snowflakely snowflakes

Yeah, bad example. Let's leave it at watermelon/fried chicken - the outrage would still be 10000x more and the offender would probably have been expelled.

Or he was a dick to someone on Twitter and got called out for it.

He was not told to get lost. Per his own story, MHP encouraged him to report through the recommended channels, his case was reviewed, and the Dean talked to the students involved. His issue is that he wanted the students suspended or expelled.

*willennials

WillSmith-Willennium.jpg

Back