• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Duke - Time to Break the Streak

We went down the road of recruiting sleepers and coaching them up. That strategy has led directly to where we are tonight. We bet the farm on the 7 player class and lost. Now, we have to rebuild with ACC level talent. That is the only way to go.

We didn't recruit sleepers. We couldn't recruit, so we recruited players who did not have many high major offers. There was no strategy during the [Redacted]-era. Our top-100 player is playing like a top-100 player. The freshmen hit the freshman wall (after outperforming their rankings). Everyone else is performing more or less up to par.

What an absolute disaster the Sensational Seven class was. Worst. Nickname. Ever. Feel bad for Codi.

Manning has given these guys ample opportunity to show him what they can do and if they want it badly enough. Got to figure the train will be leaving the station at the end of the season.

The sad part is most of us saw it coming.
Yep, you needed to look no further than the offer lists of Madison, Rountree, and Andre to know what you were getting into. If you're committing 7 scholarships to one class, you better sure as hell hit on nearly all of them. Fucking [name redacted].

Painfully watching the game now, the turnovers by Madison and Rountree are just..................

Last edited:
Listen, asshole. I didn't bring up Bob Knight. I asked numbers whose fault he thought it was that the team was not giving any effort and some smartass poster responded Bob Knight.

So stick it up your ass, you goddamned motherfucker. I'm getting sick of being accused of injecting Bob Knight into posts when someone else brings his name up when I make a post and I am simply responding it to it! Don't get pissed at me because your sorry-ass team and coach isn't worth a shit and neither of them acts like they give a damn.

I'm sorry but this is awesome.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate Duke basketball more, Tony Romo shows up in every fucking cutaway....ugh...I love scotch

Must spread some rep around before giving to ONW again.

That's even worse. I watched a Duke game with a fellow med stud one time. She was the typical I-don't-know-anything-about-basketball-but-Duke-is-supposed-to-win fan ever. Luckily, they lost. Even then I couldn't handle a second round.

Sadly that's only the 12th worst kind of Duke fan.

I started the second half and watched until my wife said, "Are you really going to still watch this?"

I didn't make it past the 10 minute mark of the first half. Fortunately I found Lucha Underground on TV and watched a great match between the guy that was Alberto Del Rio when he was in WWE and some Mexican wrestler I'd never seen before. The bull rope whipping Alberto was giving that guy was almost as bad as the whipping we were getting in Durham.

This will be my first time attending a game at Cameron.
I hope it is one to remember - GO DEACS!

Best experience of my life! Something I will cherish forever!!!
As a Giants fan, it gave me goosebumps to have experienced this with TONY ROMO actually there with me!!!

I missed the first half. Watched the 2nd and pretended the score was tied at half time. We only lost by single digits.

Not sure what is going on with Devin right now but we are going to need him to exist to be a decent basketball team.

I still think we can beat bc.

I know Duke has a good defense, but it appeared our offense was stagnant. Many times our players were standing around the arc with no movement while the point guard dribbled the ball repeatedly in place. Unfortunately, this was reminiscent of the past 6 years.

Y'all need to chill. This year's a wash. Next year's a wash. I hope that the year after that will not be, but it is certainly possible. You can't get over four years of Bz with a shower. The rest of the conference are not going to wait for us to catch up.

Wellman, Wellman, Wellman and Wellman.

Last edited:
Back