• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best sandwich?

Favorite tacos deserves it's own thread. My favorite breakfast sandwich has to be smoked salmon on an everything bagel.
+ chive cream cheese of course. Maybe a little shaved red onion/caper accoutrement.

Still probably taking BEC, though. Big question is fresh flaky croissant or fresh fluffy biscuit?

+ chive cream cheese of course. Maybe a little shaved red onion/caper accoutrement.

Still probably taking BEC, though. Big question is fresh flaky croissant or fresh fluffy biscuit?
https://www.benchwarmersbagels.com/menu the salmon here gets the deviled egg spread. When making them at home, I go with the maitre d, which is herbs and lemon.

An EGG Everything bagel is a life changer. If you can find it... do it

Yuuuup my favorite bagel place here does egg everything. I’d be fine doing just this in picking my dozen, but I like getting a couple rye pumpernickel with salmon spread too.

Breakfast Sandwich of Choice. Ordered from a proper NY Deli. Bacon Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll, Salt and Pepper Ketchup.

Had to thumbs down this because my wife grew up in NY and I’ve heard this so many times in my life it haunts my dreams. Making a lot of progress transitioning her to chicken biscuits but the complaining about not being able to get a “real” BEC in NC is inevitable.

A good bagel sandwich is really one of life's finer things.

Hell even lox and cream cheese without anything else on it is mouth-watering

Had to thumbs down this because my wife grew up in NY and I’ve heard this so many times in my life it haunts my dreams. Making a lot of progress transitioning her to chicken biscuits but the complaining about not being able to get a “real” BEC in NC is inevitable.
she's right.

I can't get one in Florida...can't even get one in upstate NY (albany) The hard roll is the most elusive of sandwich breads

Speaking of sandwiches you can only get in one place/region.... I think one of the things I miss most about SF is a good Dutch Crunch sandwich from the Deli down the street (Alamo Sq Market Deli RIP).

People around here think that the Baltimore pit beef sandwich is underrated. It’s properly rated… as a shit sandwich.
I haven't had one in years, but I'm going to disagree because I'm an Orioles fan and remember them as a kid at Camden Yards.

Also, how bad can it be? Roast beef is definitely my favorite deli meat. Warm it up and add some horsey sauce and you're golden.

so Arby's
The "floor" I was referring to is Fresh Market quality roast beef warmed up and with horseradish sauce, not whatever Arby's is made of.

Baltimore pit beef is a sirloin roast cooked over charcoal and sliced on a roll with some onions and horseradish sauce. It's a pretty great sandwich if done correctly.

I dunno, they're just so bland and the meat is typically too thick and chewy. Arby's roast beef is better than the typical pit beef sando that I've had. I'll take the most mediocre cheesesteak over a "good" pit beef sando any day.

It's been a long time. I would have been able to sample one if the Orioles had made it out of the ALDS. Maybe next season.

Back