• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Zimmerman

But Trayvon Martin was the instigator.

He's a sick fuck for tweeting anything involving Trayvon Martin.

Does twitter really allow posts/graphics calling for someone to be murdered to remain up on the site for as long as Zimmerman claims? That's fucked up if true.

Juries also agreed that OJ and Robert Durst were innocent, but go on about the infallibility of the American court system

#25 pounds from cute. Identify yourself.

Yeah the jury system sucks too. I've been sitting through portions of a products liability month long trial and it's difficult to imagine the empaneled jury follows even half of what's going on.

Last edited:
Yeah the jury system sucks too. I've been sitting through portions of a products liability month long trial and it's difficult to imagine the empaneled jury follows even half of what's going on.

pzbBNFH.gif

Juries also agreed that OJ and Robert Durst were innocent, but go on about the infallibility of the American court system

Weird. I've never heard of a jury being able to find someone "innocent" in a criminal trial before.

I've been told that innocent and not guilty are the same thing, is that not true?

Completely different. Actually, I'd argue the distinction is one of the very cornerstones our criminal justice system is founded upon.

Completely different. Actually, I'd argue the distinction is one of the very cornerstones our criminal justice system is founded upon.
It's incredibly convenient that you would make this point to me now. I made that exact point (not guilty =/= innocent) when both Zimmerman and Wilson were acquitted, and the exact opposite was argued against me, that each were to be considered as innocent, because they were never proven guilty.

Weird. I've never heard of a jury being able to find someone "innocent" in a criminal trial before.

I've been told that innocent and not guilty are the same thing, is that not true?

It's incredibly convenient that you would make this point to me now. I made that exact point (not guilty =/= innocent) when both Zimmerman and Wilson were acquitted, and the exact opposite was argued against me, that each were to be considered as innocent, because they were never proven guilty.

You're both right.

The ones that aren't correct are avoiding this exchange. Cleverly, I might add.

I'm sorry if I inconvenienced you.

Yes, you are correct that a defendant is to be considered innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by the State or Government. However, when a jury comes back "not guilty" that does not mean they feel the person was "innocent." Actually, they could feel there's a very good chance the person is, in fact, guilty but due to a reasonable doubt they may have they could, and should, find the person not guilty.

Back