• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazing Race - New Season 02/23/14

Anyone watch through to the finale on Sunday?

I was kind of apathetic about the final few teams, so didn't have a real rooting interest. I guess I'm glad the hockey brothers won (mostly glad it wasn't Max and Katie).

One thing I found funny was that I always knew there were some really cheesy challenges and things they had to do in other counties and cities, but when they feature your city, you really see how silly things can be. The DC stuff at the end was cracking us up from the "meeting Obama" to the Nats stadium stuff, but mostly the spy crap around the Tidal Basin. Where to get a good half smoke with chili?! Hahahaha. I did love seeing the racing presidents featured though...Go Teddy!

Amen to Max and Katie not winning. He was such a douchenozzle.

big ups to the talent scouts for this season with the baseball wives and LA kings girls

The end of this week's episode was hillarious. The shoe shine guy was like "I was working and he dragged me up here."

Surprise, more people not reading the clues properly. Funny thing is that if the Bingo guys had read the clue and done the right thing at the road block, them getting screwed at the bus station wouldn't have mattered.

I'm curious to see who the second express gets given to. I think everyone hates Pinky, and the feeling seems to be mutual 2 episodes in.

big ups to the talent scouts for this season with the baseball wives and LA kings girls

I guess, but why do we need to get baseball players wives who are already rich as shit? Just to reinforce how great it is to be pro ballplayer? They could just as easily find two super hot random chicks who have actual personalities.

But generally though, after the first week I thought the casting overall was pretty weak, but after Sunday I think there is more to like. It couldn't have worked out better for dramatic purposes that the horrible exes team got the Fast Passes.

What a crappy way for the football dudes to be eliminated. Was really hoping it would be non-elimination. While I don't generally like people being on the race who were professional athletes/married to professional athletes they had such great attitudes. I think I would have lost my mind with all those airport delays if I was just on a normal trip not even trying to win a million bucks.

I want to punch pink haired chick like she was Harry Reid on the receiving end of a donkey punch

So they finally get a token minority team thats not afraid of water, but they still get eliminated due to airport delays. This show is racist as hell.

I want to punch pink haired chick like she was Harry Reid on the receiving end of a donkey punch

Ridiculous that they didn't use the Fast Pass in the situation they were in. They HAD to assume they were on the final flight and that the last teams were just ahead of them in the puzzle challenge. I just don't get the reason that they didn't use it; they just must be really dumb in addition to terrible humans. They got lucky as shit the football players were screwed by some idiot woman at the travel agency that cost them the entire race. That woman single handedly brought about the untimely elimination of a very likable team and allowed easily the most awful team to stay alive another day.

Ridiculous that they didn't use the Fast Pass in the situation they were in. They HAD to assume they were on the final flight and that the last teams were just ahead of them in the puzzle challenge. I just don't get the reason that they didn't use it; they just must be really dumb in addition to terrible humans. They got lucky as shit the football players were screwed by some idiot woman at the travel agency that cost them the entire race. That woman single handedly brought about the untimely elimination of a very likable team and allowed easily the most awful team to stay alive another day.

In fairness, the football players could have just accepted that they weren't going to be on the first plane and jumped on the next one. Instead they took a huge risk that two international connecting flights would be on time. That's kind of an amateur travel mistake.

Bummed the beards were out this week. They seemed like genuinely nice guys who were having a good time on the race. Reminded me a little bit of the hippies a few seasons back (or maybe it's just the beards).

Pink hair team is awful. Afghanimals are annoying. Married doctors seem nice. And Jason and Amanda (?) seem nice too. OK dudes are boring.

did not think it was going to be an elimination week. basically they eliminated the team with the least musical talent. not sure what that has to do with racing.

did not think it was going to be an elimination week. basically they eliminated the team with the least musical talent. not sure what that has to do with racing.

That's one of the harder challenges I can remember. That said, I like seeing teams eliminated because of their own failings rather than crappy taxi drivers or airport delays. It's no different than a challenge that relies on strength or stamina and some grandparent couple or non athletic team being eliminated.

That's one of the harder challenges I can remember. That said, I like seeing teams eliminated because of their own failings rather than crappy taxi drivers or airport delays. It's no different than a challenge that relies on strength or stamina and some grandparent couple or non athletic team being eliminated.

Yeah I was glad to see that they actually made them learn the pronunciations and the words, I feel like half the time those "learn the song or dance and perform it" challenges are just completion challenges, which is kind of lame.

Have they done away with the non-elimination legs this time? It seems awfully late in the race to still have two of them left. I'm not counting the "keep racing" from a couple weeks ago, since there was no penalty or anything on that one.

Have they done away with the non-elimination legs this time? It seems awfully late in the race to still have two of them left. I'm not counting the "keep racing" from a couple weeks ago, since there was no penalty or anything on that one.

They all still say "may be eliminated" on the pit stop clue, so I think there will still be some. IIRC from years past, there are frequently a couple of non-elim legs towards the end, as opposed to spreading them out early on.

Back