• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

any report on the luncheon today?

Love this class. Zeek Rodney looks like he could become a monster.

Tyler Henderson RB..."Watch my highlight tape...but don't blink."

That was great. Had no idea he was white by the way.

Gotta think all the RBs will get a chance to play.

That was great. Had no idea he was white by the way.

Gotta think all the RBs will get a chance to play.

Was also shocked that he was white. Not sure if that is racist or not. Kid looks like he can scoot though.

I'm hoping this staff gives him a legit shot. Harris never really got one.

Henderson could really move. Seems like we have a lot of speed in this class. Also impressed by Rodney.

I'm hoping this staff gives him a legit shot. Harris never really got one.

Heard that Harris was a complete jerk to pretty much everyone. Just a side note from my bro who was at school at the same time.

Part of me is torn between saying blow it up and start youth and build for the future, or do we stick with the Jr or Sr who might be hair better but doesn't have the upside. I guess this is the kind of decision they are paying Clawson the big bucks to make so we'll prob have a better idea after spring what direction he goes in.

Part of me is torn between saying blow it up and start youth and build for the future, or do we stick with the Jr or Sr who might be hair better but doesn't have the upside. I guess this is the kind of decision they are paying Clawson the big bucks to make so we'll prob have a better idea after spring what direction he goes in.

This is why I can't wait for the spring game. Can these guys play "CLAWBALL"? Can all these LBs find a spot as a DE or Rover? This will be fun for us, and tough for an upperclassman who fit well into Grobes system but not quite into this one.

Harris got plenty of chances. He just wasn't that good a fit for the OL personnel we had.

I would love to see an actual game this Spring.

Which Harris are we talking about? In then vein of "I didn't know he was white" posts, I thought we were talking about Kevin. I don't know that he ever really got a shot

That's the Harris I was talking about.

Oh, if we are talking about Kevin I agree. I thought we were talking about...never-mind.

Kevin Harris got plenty of chances. He was always getting hurt. When his college career was over, he himself said it was time to be done, which is not what a player who thinks they left something on the table ever says.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...10305_1_nascar-pit-crew-speedweeks-nascar-fan

He was a good player for Wake. It's too bad the body didn't cooperate.

I also find the whole redshirt debate interesting. If we recruit great talent, yeah, we don' t need to redshirt. But it's quite hard to argue that a 22 year old kid is not going to be a better player than that same kid was when he was 18. The redshirt policy did far more good than harm for Grobe.

Hard to argue? I guess. Experience should matter. Yet we've had plenty of players who had better redshirt freshman years than senior years. Without even thinking about it too much, Skinner, Josh Harris, and Okoro come to mind.

aaron rouse gave him a shot

That hit by Rouse was such bullshit. Then again, Aaron Rouse was one of the all-time dirtiest players I ever saw. His cheapshot against Duke's Thaddeus Young was almost criminal.

Last edited:
Back