• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 504.2.11: And you can hold me, like he held her, and I will chat here like nothing matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bringing smoked trout dip, deviled ham dip, a buttermilk sweet potato pie and a brown butter pecan pie to Thanksgiving. My mom insisted we didn't have to bring anything. I'm doing it anyway.

Is Oasis actually underrated?
I'd say slightly underrated to properly rated. The early albums absolutely ripped, but the 2000s output was inconsistent - each of the late albums had a couple of songs that probably would have launched a band but the albums overall were lackluster. You could argue they became a bit of a singles band down the road (after Be Here Now). The live show could be really, really great or Liam might not show up at all. Don't forget they are one of the biggest bands to come out of the UK since the Beatles. The goal for this band seemed to always have been to write bombastic, epic rock songs and present a larger than life image and they did it as good if not better than anyone.

One area where the US has most of the world beat is that we pay by the gallon to fill up our cars vs liters. Paid 1.87/liter to fill up our small VW last night before returning it and it was nearly 80 euros.

I'd say slightly underrated to properly rated. The early albums absolutely ripped, but the 2000s output was inconsistent - each of the late albums had a couple of songs that probably would have launched a band but the albums overall were lackluster. You could argue they became a bit of a singles band down the road (after Be Here Now). The live show could be really, really great or Liam might not show up at all. Don't forget they are one of the biggest bands to come out of the UK since the Beatles. The goal for this band seemed to always have been to write bombastic, epic rock songs and present a larger than life image and they did it as good if not better than anyone.
Y’all talking about Oasis made me put Snatch on while I fold clothes.

grew up in a sweet potato casserole thanksgiving family

but also mashed potatoes are generally just whatever -- many superior forms of potatoes

Mashed potatoes sucked when we were growing up because the whole nutrition establishment thought fat was evil so there was not enough butter and cream in the mashers.

Mashed potatoes should be a sometimes food and have a truly ungodly amount of dairy in them

Mashed potatoes sucked when we were growing up because the whole nutrition establishment thought fat was evil so there was not enough butter and cream in the mashers.

Mashed potatoes should be a sometimes good and have a truly ungodly amount of dairy in them
Tag: BBD likes it fat and creamy

I sometimes watch Designated Survivor when I have trouble falling asleep and one of the greatest things about it is how well people are handling the destruction of the entire US government. Everyone’s pretty much like yeah this is obviously pretty concerning but what can you do. Now that we’ve lived through Covid we know a lot more about our collective ability to navigate a crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back