• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

duke Game Thread (Thursday, 7:30, ESPN)

It still has that classic Duke football vibe, like everyone there just lucked into some tickets from a radio show contest or something. Not a lot of passion in the stands. But idk that we fill our stadium too much more when we are bad

It still has that classic Duke football vibe, like everyone there just lucked into some tickets from a radio show contest or something. Not a lot of passion in the stands. But idk that we fill our stadium too much more when we are bad
I guess we’ll see next weekend because we are bad and also playing an in-state rival at home.

Total team loss, kicker, defense, qb, ol, coaching. I have never seen a game with so many chances to win and manage to lose. Hope Forbes can get this bad taste out of my mind. Thank God for soccer, golf,. baseball, and hell maybe even volleyball. Agree with most of what has been said, but we actually played well enough to win. Had we made the two fg's, we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion

This was just prior to kickoff from next to the student section. It was not a great crowd but it was cold as shit. I will also say The Wad has gotten much better since 2007 or whenever I was there last. I am told it was full for ND and Clemson this year and that most of those empty seats have been otherwise empty, and had opposing fans in them for those games. You could hear the QB clapping to snap the ball all night. Their band is also tiny and can’t be heard at halftime.

You could hear him on the TV broadcast too.

I'm so tired of reminding you that this IS who we are. You act like Aaron Rodgers is on the bench and it's Clawson's fault for not playing him. Geez. We are doing the best we can this season with a seriously weak roster on offense. When we have to trick the defense to get better than a 2 yard run just forget it. We were only in a position to win because Duke sucked worse than we did. Luckily for them we remembered who we are in the 4th qtr. A pretty weak team like ours should not be going to a bowl no matter what delusional fans think. Everyone should be thanking Sam Hartman for honestly making us better than we were for the past 3 years. We are irrelevant this season, and it's not the first time. We should be thankful that Bill Dooley, Jim Grobe and Dave Clawson somehow managed to make us relevant for a few years in each of their terms as coach. They made the players and fans believe Wake Forest was able to compete with anybody. It's a fabulous trick, but it's not true. Neither players, coaches or fans have to accept it, but they must understand it to survive and move on to the next game. Stop whining and just be loyal Demon Deacons. There's pride in that. Next year be hopeful again.

I'm so tired of reminding you that this IS who we are. You act like Aaron Rodgers is on the bench and it's Clawson's fault for not playing him. Geez. We are doing the best we can this season with a seriously weak roster on offense. When we have to trick the defense to get better than a 2 yard run just forget it. We were only in a position to win because Duke sucked worse than we did. Luckily for them we remembered who we are in the 4th qtr. A pretty weak team like ours should not be going to a bowl no matter what delusional fans think. Everyone should be thanking Sam Hartman for honestly making us better than we were for the past 3 years. We are irrelevant this season, and it's not the first time. We should be thankful that Bill Dooley, Jim Grobe and Dave Clawson somehow managed to make us relevant for a few years in each of their terms as coach. They made the players and fans believe Wake Forest was able to compete with anybody. It's a fabulous trick, but it's not true. Neither players, coaches or fans have to accept it, but they must understand it to survive and move on to the next game. Stop whining and just be loyal Demon Deacons. There's pride in that. Next year be hopeful again.
LOWF attitudes hurt us immensely.

This absolutely has to be a parody account. My guess is Donnie Greensboro.

Fusiondad is always at his best when we are struggling and he can tell everybody else that this is as good as we can expect.

Last edited:
I get it that back in the day this was a difficult job. But now. Keep that excuse.

We have top notch facilities. We are a top notch academic school. And we apparently now have enough NIL money to compete. Our coaches And administrators are paid handsomely to figure out a way to make it work.

We're not fsu. But there's no reason a new coach at a place with horrible facilities like Duke should eclipse us in his first year. Elko has shown us how stuck in the mud we are - ten years in!! He beat us last year with our "good" players in his first year. And beat us this year with a third string true freshman QB and his second team across the field. Duke facilities aren't as good as most high schools. And they have the worst fan support of anyone in the conference.

Save the excuses and let's compete. Otherwise let's drop to the southern conference and play Furman and Wofford every week.

Are you kidding? We have trouble filling our stadium when we are good.

Are you kidding? We have trouble filling our stadium when we are good.

Trouble filling stadium and what they do aren't even close to the same thing. Plus. They have twice the enrollment that we do. Apples and oranges

This was just prior to kickoff from next to the student section. It was not a great crowd but it was cold as shit. I will also say The Wad has gotten much better since 2007 or whenever I was there last. I am told it was full for ND and Clemson this year and that most of those empty seats have been otherwise empty, and had opposing fans in them for those games. You could hear the QB clapping to snap the ball all night. Their band is also tiny and can’t be heard at halftime.

Anyone comparing this to one of our crowds can just fuck right off.

Red zone production has been horrible all year but it's mindboggling that the piss poor defensive gameplan and execution continues to get a pass.

Duke's primary RB's (Moore & Waters) rushed for 5+ yards per carry with a 3rd string true freshman QB making his first start.

A stat during the broadcast showed Wake has the 2nd worst Red Zone efficiency in all of FBS. So 132/133.

Trouble filling stadium and what they do aren't even close to the same thing. Plus. They have twice the enrollment that we do. Apples and oranges
No judgement here...Gophers attendance gets criticized by some. With Wake only having an enrollment of just over 5,000, are most of the fans in the stands grads? Or do you also get some regional/locals that attend?

Minnesota has the advantage of an enrollment over 50,000 and being the flagship university of the state. Our disadvantage compared to other big ten teams is there's a lot of competition for the entertainment dollar here. We have all the big 4 pro sports plus MLS and WNBA yet our metro area is also only 3.5 million (maybe the smallest with all 6 of those pro sports). The huge popularity of the Vikings I think also hurts Gopher football attendance. Plus there's a lot of other entertainment stuff going on with Minneapolis being a regional hub type city (most theaters per capita outside Broadway, concerts, etc). Add in some very rough football years over the last 40 years and our 52,000 seat stadium is perfect.

Back