• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Manning Buyout

I never thought about whether a fridge sucked or not till I heard about lgs and Samsungs. Woof. I hope i never have to buy a new fridge.
same. we have a Frigidaire that has worked fine in the 5 years since we moved in. ice maker stopped working a few years ago. tried all kinds of fixes like trying to find frozen areas and melting with a hair dryer. then one day I accidentally reset its breaker trying to find another breaker and it started working again.

There seems to be very loose use of "self made" in this thread. It always amuses me when those from middle class (and above) upbringing are so convinced that they came from behind the starting line to succeed.
Wake was full of folks born on 3rd base who thought they hit a triple.

We have a kitchen aid fridge that was here when we moved in. I never thought about whether a fridge sucked or not till I heard about lgs and Samsungs. Woof. I hope i never have to buy a new fridge.
It sucks. We’ve been living out of a mini fridge for several weeks getting it sorted out. Hopeful the third time is a charm.

Why do you have a bunch of unopened beers sitting on the counter?
Because I bought way to many of them the other day when we did a backyard hibatchi party to take Saki bombs with.

So now I have a shitload shitty beers I don't drink, but I will grab a few and throw them in the cooler when I go on to the pool/boat.

It sucks. We’ve been living out of a mini fridge for several weeks getting it sorted out. Hopeful the third time is a charm.

This happened to me last summer. It was under warranty but of course they said it would be a month to get the replacement part and get it installed. We just coughed up the money.

same. we have a Frigidaire that has worked fine in the 5 years since we moved in. ice maker stopped working a few years ago. tried all kinds of fixes like trying to find frozen areas and melting with a hair dryer. then one day I accidentally reset its breaker trying to find another breaker and it started working again.
Oh shit I need to try this. Our water dispenser stopped working completely and our ice dispenser only works like 20% of the time. Very annoying.

Samsung is the WOAT. We inherited one with our house purchase two years ago. It died, and we’re still replacing it. First two GEs have failed to hold temperatures, so new one gets delivered tomorrow.

Had almost the exact same experience. Inherited a Samsung fridge that almost immediately died. Warranty covered it but the wait was long as others have noted here.

I wonder what kind of refrigerator Manning bought with that $14.7 million severance check

I saw the law school’s rise in the rankings this year. So cute.

Maybe the law school should hire the folks at Old Town. They are very good at politicking for vanity rankings.
What’s cute about it? And why did you call WF a top 50 school when it’s been a top 30 school for 25 straight years?

Hey OTC, why are you always politicking for vanity rankings ?

He was a good head coach. He had a .563 winning percentage with the freaking Lions.

If he was white he’d still be a head coach in the NFL.
He won 25% of his games at WF. One winning season. Those were 8 long years.

I saw the law school’s rise in the rankings this year. So cute.

Maybe the law school should hire the folks at Old Town. They are very good at politicking for vanity rankings.
Old Town beats the hell out of that shitpit where you play. Sedgedump fucking sucks.

Let's say hypothetically we hired a hand selected DR coach and constructed a beautiful new arena designed by DR.

Let's say we continued to have the same results. What would your next move be DR?

Let's say hypothetically we hired a hand selected DR coach and constructed a beautiful new arena designed by DR.

Let's say we continued to have the same results. What would your next move be DR?
Make more money on his scalped tickets with a lower inventory and increased demand when the blue teams are in town, obviously.

Excerpts from an article on the buyout in the Winston Salem Journal:

Report: Manning paid $14.7 million from Wake Forest
  • John Dell journalnow.com 5/31/23
Officials at Wake Forest didn't have a lot to say about a published report indicating that Danny Manning, a former men's basketball coach, was paid $14.7 million in 2021.

According to USA Today, Manning received the payment in 2021. The specific dollar figure was provided on the school’s federal tax return, which was obtained by the newspaper.

Will Pantages, a senior associate athletics director for communications, provided a statement to the Journal about the report after a request for comment from John Currie, the athletics director who was hired in 2019 and who ultimately fired Manning the next year.

Pentages wrote in an email that Wake Forest would not be commenting any further on Manning, who is currently the associate head coach at Louisville.

“The compensation of Daniel R. Manning, former basketball coach, shown in Schedule J, Part II, Column Biii, reflects a payment that was included in his 2021 Form W-2 in full satisfaction of all obligations under his contract of employment as men’s head basketball coach of Wake Forest University,” Pentages said. “As a matter of university personnel policy, we will not share further details.”...

...According to the USA Today article, the buyout is one of the biggest since the newspaper started tracking coaching buyouts in 2017. Archie Miller was fired by Indiana after the 2020-21 season and was scheduled to receive about a $10.3 million buyout.

Because Wake Forest is a private school, it also likely had to pay at least $2.6 million more in federal excise tax due to a 21% levy that applies to the pay of non-profit organizations’ most highly compensated employees, according to USA Today...

Back