• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Duke - 3:30 PM ESPN2/ACCN

Getting a grad transfer kicker who can knock them out of the endzone needs to be a priority this off season and is well worth using a scholly for. A couple of years ago it really helped having Jack Crane (Army grad) handle the kickoff duties.

Getting a grad transfer kicker who can knock them out of the endzone needs to be a priority this off season and is well worth using a scholly for. A couple of years ago it really helped having Jack Crane (Army grad) handle the kickoff duties.
We've got a verbal from a kid coming out of High School that is supposed to be the answer, but still you'd think he'd need time to develop his leg strength. I think in High School you're kicking off from the 40 instead of the 35.

We go from ranked #10 in the nation...to trying to figure out how to squib kick or an alternative, for our final game, so we don't get blown out by "motivated" Duke football. Gag.

Also Key Williams, just half-way going through the motions on kick returns was strange during our home game vs. UNC. One kick, it was going out of bounds, so he catches it to "save it" at about the 1.5 yard line and just steps out of bounds or something - maybe he did a fair catch? If he just let's it go out of bounds, that helps, right?

Not impressed with our special teams for much of the season.

We go from ranked #10 in the nation...to trying to figure out how to squib kick or an alternative, for our final game, so we don't get blown out by "motivated" Duke football. Gag.

Also Key Williams, just half-way going through the motions on kick returns was strange during our home game vs. UNC. One kick, it was going out of bounds, so he catches it to "save it" at about the 1.5 yard line and just steps out of bounds or something - maybe he did a fair catch? If he just let's it go out of bounds, that helps, right?

Not impressed with our special teams for much of the season.
It's all part of the Deac fan experience.

I foresee this game being about 58-56 final score. Neither team appear to have the personnel to stop the other. I hope I'm proven wrong and we shut them down but I just don't see it.

If there is one constant in the past 50 years of Wake Forest football that has transcended every coach and decade, it is that we invariably play to the level of our opponent. I'll never understand it but it is what it is.
If this were true then we wouldn't have nearly as many 51-7 losses as we do. I wish that were the case for the first 18 years of my life, and I'm sure many people wish it were true from the 70's on.

How hilarious would it be if Vandy upset TN this weekend? Hard to think of a team in recent history that saw its fortunes change quicker than Tennessee against the Gamecocks.

A week later, Hooker done. CFP dreams dashed. Vandy on a roll. Vandy winning seemed beyond impossible a couple of weeks ago. Suddenly possible. BTW, if Vandy pulls the upset, the Dores are bowl eligible. Their season win total was 2.5 at the start of the season.

If Clawson left WF, Clark Lea would be on my list of coaches to contact.
So if Vandy upsets TN, does our win vs. the 'Dores replace Liberty as our 2nd best win behind FSU?

Washington State, but yes I agree with your overall premise.

Didn’t we have an Army grad transfer kicker too?

How does a grad transfer from a service academy work? Do they just defer their enlistment?

On Stub Hub, it highlights sections in the endzone area for general admission. Does anyone know if GA seats allow access to the Wake section?

On Stub Hub, it highlights sections in the endzone area for general admission. Does anyone know if GA seats allow access to the Wake section?
Unless it has changed in the past couple of years, once you are in the stadium you can pretty much go anywhere you want to. The concourse area behind the seats extends all the way around the horseshoe.

I don't think sitting wherever you want to will be a big problem.

Unless it has changed in the past couple of years, once you are in the stadium you can pretty much go anywhere you want to. The concourse area behind the seats extends all the way around the horseshoe.

I don't think sitting wherever you want to will be a big problem.
If you've been to a HS football game in NC, expect about that level of seriousness about seating locations.

If you've been to a HS football game in NC, expect about that level of seriousness about seating locations.
On a group text thread I said roughly the same thing earlier...."it's a high school stadium that happens to be a horseshoe".

Didn’t I meet you and numbers at Wally Wade many years ago?

Yup I think that was when we were in college if I recall. Likely 2011 (the 12th win in a row that was way closer than it needed to be).

Back