• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why Some of Y'all Talk Funny

can we all agree that people who say supposably are fucktards? And yes I know it's a word they are using it in place of supposedly. It's rather fustrating.

Holy shit, how hard is it to pronounce merry? It rhymes with very or Reyshaun Terry, hence why they have the same vowels.

Sure but Terry also rhymes with marry. If you pronounce "very" like "veer-y" you say "Meery Christmas?" I really still don't understand the difference between the three.

I definitely get pin and pen, but just say them the same. I have no idea about Mary/merry/marry though.

can we all agree that people who say supposably are fucktards? And yes I know it's a word they are using it in place of supposedly. It's rather fustrating.

Also "a whole nother"

Sure but Terry also rhymes with marry. If you pronounce "very" like "veer-y" you say "Meery Christmas?" I really still don't understand the difference between the three.

I definitely get pin and pen, but just say them the same. I have no idea about Mary/merry/marry though.

No, Terry does not rhyme with marry. Terry rhymes with very and berry and Jerry. Marry rhymes with scary and Larry. Those containing an "e" rhyme with each other, and those containing an "a" rhyme with each other. Pretty simple.

And who pronounces very like "veer-y"? I've heard it as "vurry", but not like "veer-y".

No, Terry does not rhyme with marry. Terry rhymes with very and berry and Jerry. Marry rhymes with scary and Larry. Those containing an "e" rhyme with each other, and those containing an "a" rhyme with each other. Pretty simple.

And who pronounces very like "veer-y"? I've heard it as "vurry", but not like "veer-y".

surely you're just trolling now. merry, terry, very, berry, marry, scary and larry all rhyme exactly. (to me.)

my mom is from Maryland and adds an "r" to the word "wash" so she warshes dishes and visits Warshington DC. I've never heard anyone else do it so I'm thinking that maybe my mom is just a freak.

my mom is from Maryland and adds an "r" to the word "wash" so she warshes dishes and visits Warshington DC. I've never heard anyone else do it so I'm thinking that maybe my mom is just a freak.

People definitely do this.

That's a big PA thing.

Back